Wednesday 2 November 2011

Restaurant Review :- Lerk Thai, Centrepoint, Orchard Road, Singapore

I was passing by the Lerk Thai Restuarant at Centrepoint around Lunchtime and decided to go in. The dishes looked spicy and quite authentic.

The restuarant ambience seemed friendly and inviting.

I was seated by the window, as I wished and did not feel rushed to order.
I decided to order the Set Lunch which includes 'Tom Yam' soup and Rice.

The Tom Yam soup was very spicy and I my mouth felt in need of liquid to 'put the fire out'.

There were pieces of fish and prawn in the soup and it was nice but too spicy.
The 'Massaman Curry Chicken and Rice' or 'Gaeng Matsaman Gai' was as good as it looks.

The sauce was a beautiful concoction of Thai Herbs and the Chicken was still on the Bone and had been prepared delightfully.

I would love to come back and have this again it was so good!
I though 16 Singapore Dollars for one person was quite expensive.

Despite this, I would order the Massaman Curry again.

I would give the restaurant 7 out of 10 but 4 out of 10 for value for money!

One downside is they don't serve table water but only stock bottled water!

No comments:

Post a Comment